What is SEO copywriting?
SEO copywriting works to create useful and meaningful content for the user, while competing to scale the best positions in specific keywords. In this way, the content generated with SEO copywriting looks to solve user’s searches in the best way, while positioning itself in the first places within the search engines, in order to attract more traffic, improve the site authority and be considered the most relevant content.
SEO copywriting tips
Before starting in SEO copywriting, you must know some tips that might help you in your first steps:
- Always remember that you will be read by humans: avoid creating a mechanical or formal text, remember that the person reading you will also appreciate that the text is easy to read and that will make it rank better than others in the Google search engine.
- Identify User Intent: identify what the user is really looking for in each search, taking into account that many times the search phrase is summarised to general searches or vague phrases.
- Create the best content to answer user’s search: if the user is looking for something specific, try to create the best content to answer their question. If the content is useful, Google will scale it up so that it can help others within the same searches.
- Structure your content, outlines can help a lot: be organised in the content and work with outlines initially so that the text does not lose its function or fall into vagueness. Start writing knowing at all times what you are going to say.
- Optimise your headline regarding the keywords and competitors activity: the title has to be prepared for the searches; it has to be short, explaining succinctly the content that the user will find, as well as responding in the best way to his search. Study the titles of those contents that already position to inspire you.
- Do the necessary research: research is vital in all parts of the process. Tools likes SEMRush or Ahrefs can help you understand which keywords are those that should be positioned and which contents are already ranking for them. Look for ways that you can generate better content than the one that already exists, responding better to the user intent.
SEO copywriting blogs
Here we some of the best copywriting blogs that you must follow:
- Copyblogger: this blog started in 2006 and since then it has been teaching how to create great and valuable content.
- Writtent: this blogs makes an effort to create valuable content, looking to improve the SEO technique of all their readers.
- Great Content: this blog covers all you must know about SEO copywriting: techniques, technology, tools and tactics to develop the best content.
- The Daily Egg: here you will find smart SEO tactics to boost your website and content.
In conclusion, in this post we have reviewed what is SEO copywriting, some great tips if you are starting in this field and a list of blogs that you should follow to learn valuable lessons from professionals of the sector.